current position：Home>Network communication, Ethernet
Network communication, Ethernet
A local area network is a data link layer network that uses a broadcast channel, and Ethernet is its most typical representative.
Has the following features:
- Broadcast function
- Facilitates the expansion and gradual evolution of the system
- Improved system reliability, availability, and survivability
Ethernet is a LAN technology of shared medium. Multiple sites are linked to the same shared medium. Only one site can send data at the same time.A link connecting multiple terminals is multiple access.
Ethernet is not a single protocol, but a complete collection of different standards.These standards are from IEEE, and their names all start with 802.3.
Ethernet is a computer local area network technology.The IEEE 802.3 standard organized by the IEEE has formulated the technical standard of Ethernet, which stipulates the content including the connection of the physical layer, the electronic signal and the medium access control.Ethernet is currently the most common LAN technology, replacing other LAN standards such as Token Ring, FDDI and ARCNET.
The standard topology of Ethernet is a bus topology, but the current Fast Ethernet (100BASE-T, 1000BASE-T standards) will improve network speed and efficiency in order to reduce conflictsTo maximize, use a switch (Switch hub) for network connection and organization.In this way, the topology of Ethernet becomes star; but logically, Ethernet still uses bus topology and CSMA/CD (Carrier Sense Multiple Access/Collision Detection, that is, carrier multiple access/collision detection).bus technology.
Ethernet accounts for the highest proportion of networking technologies. Many people directly understand Ethernet as the Internet.Therefore, it is necessary to explain in detail the difference and connection between Ethernet and the Internet.
The Internet is the INTERNET, it is a global Internet network.It consists of millions of private, governmental, academic, corporate and governmental networks from local to global scales, linked together by a wide range of technologies including electronic, wireless and fiber optic networking technologies.It uses the TCP/IP protocol suite as a communication method, and the architecture is divided into four layers: application layer, transport layer, network layer, and network interface layer.
Ethernet is the most common communication protocol standard.The Ethernet network uses CSMA/CD technology, (Carrier Sense Multiple Access and Collision Detection) and runs on various types of cables at a rate of 10M/s (or 100M/s, 1000M/s, etc.).It specifies the content of the protocol including the physical layer wiring, electronic signals and media access layer.Simply put, Ethernet is a technology for connecting local area networks, replacing other local area network standards such as Token Ring, FDDI and ARCNET.
Ethernet is only a subset of the Internet. Ethernet is the mainstream local area network standard, and the Internet refers to connecting a large number of local area networks to share resources.In addition, the Internet and Ethernet are two different concepts, the former is a scope concept, the latter is a technical concept.Internet (Internet), wide area network (WAN), local area network (LAN) can be counted as one category, and they are all classified according to area and scope.And Ethernet (Ethernet), ATM network and FDDI network can be counted as a class, they are classified according to the transmission technology.
Ethernet describes the physical (PHY) layer and the data link (Data Link) layer, as shown in the following figure.
At the physical layer, there are different cable options and differentspeed.However, one of the advantages of Ethernet is that it uses the same data link layer standard.You can mix different Ethernet standards in your network.Here is an example:
Above we see three hosts connected to two switches using different Ethernet standards.The connections between the switches are 10 Gbps fiber connections.This network will be able to forward Ethernet frames even if we mix different standards.
author[Ricu_LiuJie],Please bring the original link to reprint, thank you.
The sidebar is recommended
- I want to change the name of my official account, okay?
- What is the asp web hosting?How to find an ASP web hosting?
- What is a .win domain name? How to register a .win domain name?
- Oracle database uses function DBMS_RANDOM to generate random number method
- [Blue Bridge Cup National Competition Real Questions 25] Scratch Numbers and Graphics The 13th Blue Bridge Cup Graphical Programming Scratch National Competition Real Questions and Answers Explained
- What should I do if the xhunter1.sys driver is incompatible when the computer is reinstalled
- KubeSphere Community Bi-Weekly Report | Feature Highlights | 2022-09-16
- Cloud Product Delivery Practices at NebulaGraph
- Replace, delete, insert in vim's column mode
- OMG, I never thought, binary search and poetry?!
guess what you like
Using Jenkins Kubernetes built-in PodTemplate management node
Some thoughts on backtracking to find permutations and combinations
What is a cname domain name?
What type of server are smtp, pop3, IMAP?
Which domain names are more popular for foreign investment?
LeetCode Diagram | 229. Mode II, requires linear time complexity?
Network Communication Protocol Overview Notes
Selected diagrams of offer interview questions 03 . Repeated numbers in an array
Process concepts (under)
- Does Youxuan Database Support Read-Write Separation Configuration?
- Features of Distributed Locks
- Explain CAN bus in detail: CAN protocol layered structure and function
- Demonstration of emWin brewing machine process, including two versions of uCOS-III and FreeRTOS
- What is the difference between using a tool to spy on host communication and using the system ping command (a common mistake made by newbies)
- To prevent deadlock, be sure to add an expiration time to the lock
- The online customer service system is connected to the WeChat applet (customer service message push)
- Detailed explanation of the wireless communication scheme between stacker and reclaimer and DCS
- Implementation of optimistic locking in redis (code)
- This year's gold 9 silver 10, don't jump ship...
- Detailed explanation of CAN bus: CAN node hardware composition scheme
- Demo of distributed lock based on redis (recursive retry)
- Demo of distributed lock based on redis (circular retry) (better than recursive retry)
- JUC is in-depth interview questions - three ways to achieve thread waiting and wake-up (wait/notify, await/signal, LockSupport's park/unpark)
- The implementation of interface automation test project based on requests framework explained by Ali p8 boss
- emWin dial interface design, including uCOS-III and FreeRTOS versions
- Autumn upgrade｜Course resources + enabling services, Baidu Fei Pao fully assists college teaching
- Kitten Claw: AWR294x Study Notes 04-ePWM of AWR294x
- EmWin washing machine simple operation interface, including uCOS - III and FreeRTOS two versions
- MySQL (1038, 'Out of sort memory, consider increasing server sort buffer size')
- The realization of the distributed lock mode
- The first wave of official benefits in autumn, no blood loss!
- The 12-year-old ancestral "shit mountain" code has an annual income of over 140 million yuan?The programmer advised the "Pan Man": Hurry up and retreat!...
- Mgre experiment
- Application of OSPF in MGRE
- Qt|Make a simple irregular form
- How to use Tektronix oscilloscope novice engineer
- Shader commonly used standard function library
- The ultra-detailed summary of the four types of database deduplication implementation solutions is worth collecting
- Free MarkDown Reader for Offline Use
- A brief introduction to the cmake build tool
- Tektronix Oscilloscope Knowledge Sharing - Types of Waves
- IIC-EEPROM code section
- (Brain Tumor Segmentation-Part-Two) Application of Cross-Channel Deep Feature Learning in Brain Tumor Segmentation
- Page static and freemarker
- Knowledge of 38 word summary: distributed systems
- NSSCTF-Crane City Cup 2021-wp
- Several ali to release the internal MySQL performance optimization rule notes
- FFmpeg source code analysis: avformat_find_stream_info analysis code stream information
- Jenkins automated build project