current position：Home>Hongke Sharing|How to ensure the security of medical data?Moving target defense technology gives you satisfactory answers
Hongke Sharing|How to ensure the security of medical data?Moving target defense technology gives you satisfactory answers
2022-08-06 09:22:48【Hongke Network Visualization and Security】
Medical data security faces serious challenges
01 Healthcare data breaches on the rise
Recent statistics show that the amount of personal medical information exposed in data breaches has increased by 300% in the past three years.On the dark web, personal medical information (PHI) can be sold for up to $1,000 each.According to a report by Critical Insight, more than 45 million patient profiles were exposed in data breaches in 2021.That means about one in seven Americans had information such as names, home addresses, Social Security numbers, and even biometric data stolen last year.Medical information breaches alone now account for 30% of all large data breaches.
Since the 1990s, medical information data technology has continued to develop, and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (hereinafter referred to as HIPAA) has been formally enacted.Minimizing the risk of patient information leakage has become a top priority for medical service organizations.
02Cyber threats are getting harder to spot
On January 23, 2021, Kroger Pharmacy executives were notified of the Bullock gang intrusion.A week later, Kroger received another $5 million ransom demand and evidence that the personal health information of more than 500,000 Kroger customers had been stolen.The massive data breach occurred despite all of their systems being online and the network showing no signs of a malicious attack.
How exactly did this cyber attack work?
CLOP used a known Accellion file sharing vulnerability as an attack vector to attack Kroger's network.CLOP uses a zero-day attack to gain entry and then deploys the DEWMODE web shell in device memory to access and infiltrate hundreds of thousands of personal health information without triggering any endpoint security solution alerts.This situation is becoming more and more common.As the attack surface of the healthcare services industry continues to expand, and healthcare zero-day attacks are at an all-time high, attackers have more places to enter the network and hide once they get there.
According to IBM, it takes an average of 329 days for a healthcare organization to detect and contain a data breach.However, threat actors are increasingly using malware that does not generate signatures or relies on disk executables.Last year, the rate of fileless attacks using signatureless tools like Cobalt Strike beacons soared 900%.Such threats may bypass tools such as EDR or AV by signing and identifying known threat behaviors.
03 Cyber AttackYesMedical institutionsSevere losses
For small healthcare organizations, the cost of downtime from a cyberattack may be lower.But for a mid-sized healthcare organization, the average cost of downtime for a full breach is $45,700/h.In this threat environment, it is highly undesirable for healthcare providers to continue to rely on reactive strategies.Obviously, in order to cope with the increasing number of medical cyberattacks, data security in the medical field needs to explore new development directions.
How to ensure data security in the medical field?
01Cybersecurity defense in the medical field needs to change direction
Improving the security posture of healthcare networks requires a move toward a zero-trust environment and a defense-in-depth (DiD) strategy.However, even basic zero-trust requirements, such as mandating multi-factor authentication (MFA) or disabling accounts after a certain time limit, are difficult to enforce.Healthcare workers have little tolerance for safety controls that affect their productivity or affect their lives.Overcoming these obstacles presents procedural and political challenges for security teams.
02 Effective measures to safeguard medical data
It is now technically and economically feasible to strengthen Zero Trust and deepen DiD.Morphisec's lightweight, revolutionary Moving Target Defense (MTD) technology proactively blocks advanced fileless and runtime attacks that Next Generation Antivirus (NGAV), Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) cannot consistently detect.Moving Target Defense (MTD) technology brings zero-trust protection to healthcare servers and endpoints without compromising the user experience.
03 Moving Target Defense (MTD) Technology How to achieve zero trust protection?
Moving Target Defense (MTD) technology turns application memory into a trustless environment, randomly changing trusted runtime application code andAutomatically block unauthorized codes.It keeps changing the real entry, leaving fake entries, but without affecting any authorized applications and processes.If unauthorized code attempts to execute on the target, it opens a "false door" trapping it for forensic analysis.Without prior identification or analysis, MTD proactively stops the most advanced destructive attacks before they are deployed and cause damage.Additionally, MTD adds an ultra-lightweight active defense layer that fills security gaps for runtime vulnerabilities that other security solutions cannot effectively address.Therefore, MTD has no impact on device performance and does not require monitoring.This is very important for a healthcare organization's cybersecurity environment.
author[Hongke Network Visualization and Security],Please bring the original link to reprint, thank you.
The sidebar is recommended
- 2022 Hailiang SC Travel Notes
- dalle2: hierarchical text-conditional image generation with clip
- Tencent Cloud VOD uploads video files to solve the path problem
- LeetCode - 1047. Remove all adjacent duplicates in a string
- 2022-08-05: What does the following go code output?A: 65, string; B: A, string; C: 65, int; D: error.
- LeetCode - 345. The reversal in the string vowels
- Page Loading Animation_Gradient Color Rotating Small Circle
- Card hovering frosted glass effect
- How does the data security law apply to enterprises?
guess what you like
Full screen digital preload animation
Day 16 (Configuration BPDU, TCN BPDU)
ROS error [rospack] Error: package ‘.....‘ not found
Token design scheme under microservice
Combination of Leetcode77.
Native js implements table table
Day 17 (16 day bpdus related knowledge and STP configuration)
Native js implements mouse following to display floating box information
Exchange comprehensive experiment (to be supplemented)
- Detailed explanation of Mysql things (important)
- Linux - several ways to install MySQL
- /var/log/messages is empty
- The 22nd day of the special assault version of the sword offer
- Stone Atom Technology officially joined the openGauss community
- 18 days (link aggregation of configuration, the working process of the VRRP, IPV6 configuration)
- From "prairie cattle" to "digital cattle": Mengniu's digital transformation!
- Summary of the experience of project operation and maintenance work
- WPF - Styles and Templates
- BigEvent Demo
- rain cloud animation
- VS namespace names of different projects of the same solution are unique
- Flashing Neon Text Animation
- ACM common header files
- Free and open source web version of Xshell [Happy New Year to everyone]
- Timed task appears A component required a bean named ‘xxx‘ that could not be found
- Two important self-learning functions in pytorch dir(); help()
- [Mathematical Modeling] Linear Programming
- HCIP 18 days notes
- The web version of Xshell supports FTP connection and SFTP connection
- The values in the array into another array, and capital
- Remember to deduplicate es6 Set to implement common menus
- View the Linux log on the web side, and view the Linux log on the web side
- 21-day Learning Challenge--Pick-in on the third day (dynamically change the app icon)
- Xshell download crack, the history of the most simple tutorial
- How is the LinkedList added?
- Web version Xshell supports FTP connection and SFTP connection [Detailed tutorial] Continue from the previous article
- Usage of torch.utils.data in pytorch ---- Loading Data
- Experiment 9 (Exchange Comprehensive Experiment)
- [Mathematical Modeling] Integer Programming
- "Introduction to nlp + actual combat: Chapter 9: Recurrent Neural Network"
- Expansion mechanism of ArrayList
- (5) BuyFigrines Hd 2022 school training
- [Nanny-level tutorial] How does Tencent Cloud obtain secretId and secretKey, and enable face service
- RL reinforcement learning summary (2)
- ELT.zip 】 【 OpenHarmony chew club - the methodology of academic research paper precipitation series
- Hdu 2022 Multi-School Training (5) Slipper
- Dijkstr heap optimization